Welcome to the AK DINNER PARTY, a fun month-long series where we inspire you to cook a recipe with us! Whenever we ask the AK Community what they want to see more of, dinner recipes are typically the most popular answer. What better way to get back in the kitchen and cook a nutritious, delicious dinner than to do it alongside the AK team and hundreds of other foodies ?!
IMPORTANT: please scroll down and read below for all of the deets on this month’s recipe, key dates for the month, how to enter the giveaway, and our charity of the month!
If you haven’t yet, enter your name & email below to get Dinner Party updates throughout the month and to be the first in line to see next month’s recipe.
June’s Dinner Party recipe
We’re SO excited to share the next recipe of our AK Dinner Party series: 30 Minute Brown Butter Goat Cheese Grilled Veggie Barley! It’s the perfect summer dinner that’s packed with veggies and filled with incredible flavor.
We have many different ways that you can customize this recipe to truly make it your own. Check them out below and, of course, read through the recipe blog post itself for all of the tips you’ll need.
- Add protein: we love serving this grilled veggie barley with chickpeas or white beans to keep it vegetarian, or grilled chicken, salmon, or shrimp! Seriously I think some grilled shrimp would be INCREDIBLE.
- Swap your pasta: I love using barley in this dish, but you can use any pasta shape you’d like. As always, feel free to use your favorite gluten free pasta!
- Choose your veggies: this dish works with any vegetables you like! I chose super summery veggies, but I think broccoli, mushrooms and brussels sprouts would also be delicious. You could even stir in some spinach at the end, or fold in some grilled corn off the cob!
- Go dairy free: you can use a vegan buttery stick and your favorite vegan cheese shreds. Please note that you cannot brown vegan / dairy free butter.
Don’t have a grill?
No worries! You can easily roast your veggies instead. Simply roast the veggies with olive oil on a parchment lined baking sheet at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until veggies are tender – be sure to flip halfway through, too!
Here’s how the Dinner Party works
Two ways to enter the giveaway
When you make the recipe, there are two different ways to share your creation with us in order to enter to win the $ 100 Williams Sonoma gift card:
1. On the blog: leave a comment and rate the recipe here with the hashtag #AKDinnerParty, plus your name and email (so we know you made it!) Scroll all the way past the recipe itself in the blog to where it says “Leave a comment & a rating . ” Boom!
2. On social media: Share a photo of your recipe creation on social via Instagram (stories or in-feed) or in our Facebook Group by tagging @ambitiouskitchen and adding the hashtag #AKDinnerParty. * Please note for Instagram your profile must be public so that we can see your posts.
- Wednesday, June 1st: June’s recipe is here! On this date, you can start cooking & sharing your recipe photos on social and on the blog.
- Thursday, June 30th: the last day to submit your recipe photos on social and on the blog.
- Friday, July 1st: giveaway winner selected, notified via email, and shared on social.
- Wednesday, July 6th: July’s Dinner Party recipe announced!
Let’s give back
Each month we’ll pick a new charity where we’ll donate funds as a way to spread the love and do some good. This month’s charity is the National Park Foundation, an organization that not only works to protect US national parks, but also helps kids connect with nature through the Every Kid Outdoors program. The program provides transportation and reduces costs for kids to get outside and explore national parks!
If you’d like to join us in supporting the National Park Foundation, learn more and donate here!
Join the party
Ready to join the party and get cooking? If you haven’t yet, enter your email below and we’ll send you the recipe as soon as it drops at the beginning of each month, reminders about the giveaway, announce the winners, and more. Let’s do this!
Past Dinner Parties